Monday, May 21, 2007

Well still hanging in there!

As of today I've finally broken the 180's. I'm down to 178.8! It's been a long long road since October when I started trying to get a handle on my weight. The progress has been slow but pretty steady so I can't complain. I could always up my cardio to get more off but I don't want to become obsessed with exercise.

Anyway, doing mini goals works out well for me. I give myself more time then I think I should need to reach it. Like my last goal was to hit 179 by June first and I'm almost two weeks early. My next goal is of course reaching 169, thats only 9 pounds, and while most would give themselves a month to loose it.. I give myself two months, then if I don't hit it after a month I don't feel like I failed.

My husband is going to visit his family at the end of July and he'll return around August 13th. I hope to reach my first mini goal of 169 before he leaves, and I have a mini mini goal of being 165 when he gets back.

Things will be all down hill from the 160's so I can't wait to get out of it the 170's. I look pretty decent in the 150's though its not my long term goal..but if I didn't loose another pound i'd be fairly happy with how I look in clothing in the 150's.

I think my long term goal is to look good in and out of clothing.

I'm just 2 pounds shy of having lost 50 pounds! I'm very happy that I am finally making progress and I can't wait to see where I am by the time I hit the one year mark of this diet, or rather life style change.

As much as we'd all love to drop weight super fast, I've learned from the past that it's but another way to sabotage your progress. So I don't starve myself, I don't exercises 5 times a day. I try to get right, do at least 45 minutes of exercise 4 to 5 days a week and any drop in the scale is fine with me, be it half a pound or 3 pounds. The key is just moving the numbers down..even if its not by much. Any drop is better then any gain (unless your strength training) so give yourself a year, don't set goals of 10-15 pounds a month. Just take whatever your body lets go. In a year you'll be amazed how much that small amount of weight does start to add up and how much different you look and feel in the within the course of a year.

No comments: