Monday, November 13, 2006

If only I had known...

I recently found the Body for life tracker site. The reason I quit my last diet in 2003 was because after a year I still weighed 191 down from 207. Which is not very motivating when you go work out faithfully for a year. Sure I went from a size 22 to a 16...but I still did the one thing I shouldn't. I relied on what the scale was telling me and I couldn't get over the fact the numbers weren't going down even the 1 pound a week most say is the average weight loss.

Well the tracker site has it where you can put in your measures and body fat percentages. So I did this and this is what it was telling me.

Comparing Challenge #1, Week #0 to Challenge #1, Week #8, Synergi started with a lean bodyweight of 97.5 lbs and 109.5 lbs of bodyfat. If Synergi's measurements are accurate, she currently has a lean bodyweight of 119.4 lbs and 71.6 lbs of bodyfat. This is a change of 21.9 lbs of muscle and 37.9 lbs of bodyfat if the measurements are correct. These figures are only as good as the accuracy of the weight and bodyfat measurements taken..

In truth the scale didn't move but I had lost nearly 40 pounds of fat and had packed on 20 pounds of muscles. I could cry now reading this but I won't. It's really motivated me. Using this site, i'll be able to see how much muscle i'm gaining so i'm pretty happy about that..

No comments: