Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Lazy Dieter

Thats probably what I should have called this blog. If anyones read any of my posts thats probably the impression I made. It's not that I'm lazy, it's more like I'm tired of failing. But aren't we all?

I have to thank Steve over at body performace for making me believe I could do it. That I could loose 70 pounds to find the inner goddess within. My official weigh in is monday but I confess I peeked yesterday and I was down another 3 pounds. If the weight stays off til monday it means I lost 10 pounds doing nothing but body flex and portion controlling. Pretty painless..

I did mention I like to weight train? At least I did the one time I tried it a couple of years ago. I did it a solid year and while i lost alot of inches and 2 or 3 sizes, I only lost 10-15 pounds for the whole year. Then we had a storm to make a long story short the entire city was out of power for a couple of weeks. We lost the neurtral to our house and ended up staying in a hotel for 3 weeks. No longer able to cook I gainned 10 of those precious 15 pounds I lost in under 2 weeks. Something that took me a year to loose. After that I was pretty devestated and I gave up.

By the way, I was using the body for life work out routine and was getting pretty good results. I however didn't follow the BFL diet. If any of you have read the book you know brown rice and dry pasta isn't going to make anyones day.

However! Now there is Eating for Life! I hear tell all the bland food is gone. The items are easy to fix, common ingrediants and it will work well with the portion controlling I was already doing. So I ordered the cookbook. I'm very excited that i'll have the diet to go with the workout.

I will be starting in about a week. I need to get my kitchen in order and I'm still waiting for the book to come.

Good luck to me and to everyone else who plans to give this a try.

No comments: