Monday, January 22, 2007

Three weeks down! One to go!

Well its now been 3 weeks since I managed to stay off my scale. I don't think I've loss a single inch. It reminds me of Greer Childers when she says something like who cares if your small but look the same. Or something to that affect.

I can tell you three years ago after 3 months of going to the gym I was a lot smaller. Why? Because of weight training. However my scale wouldn't budge..I think I loss 15 pounds in a year and even my inch loss crawled to a halt.

This time I thought I would test just doing cardio. So next week will be one month of nothing but cardio. No strength training. The idea was to try to loose enough fat to get past my known weight stalls. I was 206 when I started the no scale for a month idea. I usually stall at 200/199 so I was hoping to get past that. My next stall is 191/188 range. Once I was past those stall points I was going to add in some strength training. My ripped series to be exact.

Still as obsessive as I can be about not seeing weight drop. Seeing no inch loss seems to be almost as bad. Granted I haven't measured everywhere, just my waist where it counts. :)

Once i've gone through 2-3 months on the ripped series, i'll switch over and start body for life. The idea is to keep changing things up so my body wonders what the hell is going on!

I will admit i'm nervous. What if next week's weigh-in is a big failure. what if i'm still 206? Worse, what if I weigh more then 206? I'm not sure i'm up for that big of a disappointment. But whatever happens, I aim to keep pushing and not let even a full month set back toss me off the wagon.

I have cheated also during the month. But I decided if I wanted something i'd have it. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. So i've probably cheated once a week every week this month. With out the motivation of the scale to show me its working, I didn't have as much motivation not to cheat. I can say I cheated in moderation. I didn't go over board with anything.

So stay tuned to next weeks weigh in doing only 35-60 minutes of DDR 3-5 days a week.

No comments: