Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Two Weeks Down, Two to Go.

Alright, i've discovered something while not weighing in for the last two weeks. While the scale can be devasting if your numbers don't move the way you want them to, it can also be a motivator. It can inspire you to work harder if you dont see the results you want, or it can give you that push to continue if you do actually see what you hoped for.

The reason I bring this up. I worked out much harder while weighing weekly. Soon as the crutch was taken away and I no longer had that visual telling me if it was actually working, it sort of made me feel lost. No I haven't stopped working out. But I went from burning two thousand calories one week to about a one thousand the next. I'm at 500+ for this week so far, so while I'm not burning nearly what I was, I am still doing more then I was a month ago.

What does this mean? It means I want my freaking scale back! But I said I wouldn't weigh for a month so I'm going to stick to it. Maybe in two weeks once I see some results (hopefully) i'll be inspired to push it harder. However if I see nothing, we are back at that devasting blow again.

I'm still doing DDR and i'm still loving it. But I'd like to add something else to change up my routine. My plan is to buy a Wii this weekend when they are finally back in stock. Some might say, why bother, just walk the treadmill and do ''rea'' exercise. I say to this, if its boring, your not going to stick to it. If you can make exercises and fitness fun, your way a head of the game.

No comments: