Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What I'm currently doing..

Well today was my official weigh in normally. But I'm still trying to go a month staying off the scale... so no weigh in for me.

Currently i'm still doing DDR ( Dance Dance Revolution ) and I'm loving it! Again, I completely hate cardio, but I love DDR. To show you how I've progressed since starting, here's what I was doing. 20 minutes of Turbo Jam and I was burning roughly 700 calories per week. Since starting DDR all that changed. The first week I burned 1500 calories and the second week I had burned 2000 calories in a week. Today was my first day doing it after taking the weekend off and I burned 553 calories.

I also noticed my endurance today was a lot better then it had been before. I had gone nearly an hour and wasn't even tired. This is a big deal when before 20-30 minutes had been doing me in. I wait towards the last 10 minutes or so to do a really hard song (for me) and push my heart rate up to the max of where it should be, then I do a couple slower songs to cool down.

With regular cardio when I'm done, I'm done. With DDR, I sometimes think about getting up and doing it again after a few hours. I don't always, but sometimes I do. Especially if my first workout was in the AM then I might do one in the PM as well.

I guess in 3 weeks we'll know if it's paid off. I'm really hoping I'll be below 200. As my last weigh in was 206. 200/199 is a platue weight for me, and to sail on past it would be great!

I'm still trying to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii. I think the tennis game will be great for working the upper body. Yes I'm such a geek and its about time my love for games have met my need to be fit.

Here's hoping..

No comments: