Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Added a few new Toys

Well not much to report this weigh in. I was up 1.5 pounds from last week with about a .5 inch loss. I think my progress since October 19th has been ok but could be better. I still want to do the Body for Life challenge...but I had issues of what cardio to do since I absolutely hate cardio.

Today I tried out the Turbo Jam learn and burn routine. I actually liked it. The music helps a lot. The teacher is motivational and not annoying..I figure if I give my all with this work out then move on to the 20 minute work out she has..that should cover my cardio.

I also picked up the Bean from walmart 48.99. The reason I got it was I've been wanting to try the stability balls..but I already know I wouldn't be very stable on one. The bean is the perfect compromise with its contoured shape. I've only did the ab work out so far, but my abs really felt the burn. So I have to give this one a thumbs up also.

The last thing stopping me from doing my body for life challenge is my weights. I had bought the rebook set but from memory I dont think that set will last me very long. A 40 pound set is more idea for me. I went to the local sporting goods store to take a look at what they had. Especially the bowflex select tech. My god they are huge! I did try them in the store..very smooth and easy to change the weights..but the set is a little over whelming. I'm still debating if that will be the set I go with.

The other I was thinking of was the Gofit SportBlock set Walmart sells. The 24 pound set sells for 59.99 and you can add another 24 pounds for another 39 dollars. giving you a 48 pound set. This is a good alternative but I can't find any reviews so I have no idea if they will hold up.

Anyway i'll make up my mind soon.

Good luck everyone!

No comments: