Friday, December 22, 2006

Let's Get Ripped!

Well a friend I met on the Sparkpeople boards told me about a video series called ripped. It actually uses low weights, high reps to burn fat and tone up without bulking. Its also on a rotation to keep your body from adapting. For example, you would follow the first Video Ripped for 20 workouts, then switch to Slim and Lean, the second video and so on..

The first video is about 50 minutes. You need dumbbells, or barbells, a mat and a step though you could probably get by without the step and the mat if your on carpet. The video solves a couple of problems for me. I've stated earlier I do like weights, but doing them by yourself can be boring. Doing it with the Dvd really helps solve the boredom problem. It also gets a total body work out in 50 minutes, so it saves you time. Before I'd spend 50 minutes on upper and the next day 50 on lower so this is great. And it works all my muscles to muscle failure which is a good thing.

Each video in the series gets a little more intense then the last, so your steadily building up endurance.

The other problem for me was before I used heavier weights and only lost 15 pounds of scale weight in a year. This made me reluctant to weight train before I lost a certain amount of scale weight. (Fat) But with the low weight high rep workout I decided to see how it works out. I really love this series.. If your interested in strength training, give Jari Love's Ripped series a try.

No comments: