Friday, December 08, 2006

Heart Rate Monitor

Picked up a heart rate monitor today. I wanted something that would give me an idea of how many calories I'm burning.

So far today I did my 20 minute Turbo Jam workout and burned 167 calories. According to the monitor I was in my idea fat burning target rate zone for 7 of those 18 minutes. I'd love to test it on the 40 minute work out but the 20 minute is killing me lol. I just don't have that kind of endurance yet.

3 minutes of body flex burned 22 calories. Not bad for so little work and I didn't have do it at that.

I did 8 minute abs work out on the bean and burned 40 calories.

The monitor is a really great motivator and I'm glad I bought it. Now I can quit guess at how much I'm burning.

Today's total is about 229 calories for about 29 minutes work. I don't think thats bad at all for a beginner and completely out of shape person.

No comments: