Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Atkins Diet

No, I'm not on it. I once tried it..well maybe twice. I mean, who doesn't like a diet that lets them have butter and cheese? The very first time I tried Atkins I dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks. I was pretty geeked after that. But then the weight loss slowed way down and I lost interest.

For those that can stick with it, yes its a great diet. I for one don't see myself being that limited on carb intake the rest of my life. I've said in other posts, im cutting back on unnessary calorie intake but other then modifying some of the things I eat, i'm pretty much just controlling portions and seeing how that works out for me.

I'm 40 years old, at least for about another 5 weeks. I have been on all sorts of crazy diets dating back to a teenager in high school. I've starved myself, worked out like crazy and then that moment comes where you slipped for a month, gained ten pounds and you say screw it! I'll just stay a fat person and eat whatever I want.

Its time to sit back and think. What can you truly live with for the rest of your life. I couldn't live with atkins personally, but many can and kudos to them!

No comments: