Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Crazy Road to Weight Loss

I have come to realize recently that I cannot diet. Nor can I exercise an hour a day because I completely hate it. Now im not saying I wouldn’t, I have done this in the past for a year or so.. and I hated doing it. I’m sorry, exercise bores the snot out of me and im tired of pretending that while I might stick to it for a year, maybe two.. that I will stick to it the rest of my life. Not gonna happen so why pretend?

Probably my only saving grace is that I do like to weight train. Thank god i’m not a complete loss in the exercise department. So my goal is to cardio 20 minutes a day. Hey, that is something I can realistically do the rest of my life and I refuse to let my body get use to me working out 5 hours a day only so that the minute I cut it in half it says, uh oh..time to add up some pounds!
I also am not a health nut. I’m sorry, im going to be honest. How many people have tried a diet and said.. this isn’t bad. I can do this, I can get use to this? I’m one of those people. For me, what that translate to is, ok Syn, talk yourself into believing you can eat this way the rest of your life. I’ve decided I can’t. I’m not going to pretend anymore, im not going on anyone elses diets and making them richer.

I realize after thinking over things.. I eat far less at 226 then I did in highschool at 155ish. I use to bike ride as most kids did in the summer til I hit maybe 16 and thought I was to old for it. But other then going to school, I think the majority of my excercise came from going to malls with my friends. I still remember me and my best friend going and we told our parents to pick us up in 5 hours. Five hours! I can’t stay in a mall 5 minutes now before I want to run home.

I also realized that like most Americans, I am largely addicted to soda. I can down a 2 liter a day of regular Sprite. Thats 800 calories! So as of last friday October 13th, I jugged down my last soda. Not even doing diet soda, I just hate them.

I have divided up my drinks in various ways. Crystal Light ready made Ruby Red is my drink of choice. The whole bottle is 10 calories (2 servings) and I drink about 2 of those a day. Very good stuff if you guys have never tried it. I also drink about 40oz of water, 16oz of cranberry juice light at 80 calories. I drink the cranberry for the detox benefits. And I drink 8oz of the real ruby red light 40 calories, just for the simple fact it actually makes me feel good. So I have went from about 800 calories to 180 calories on just what I drink.

I plan to keep a log of what I eat. If your expecting Tofu and carrots, wrong place. I eat stuff like hamburger helper, ham and cheese sandwiches and I eat every 3.5-4 hours, never giving myself a chance to get hungry. I guess only time will tell if this diet will actually work for me.
If you look over to your right under previous posts, this is where all my new blog entries will land. Feel free to browse as I add and post whats working for you.

No comments: