Thursday, October 26, 2006

OMG! Chronic Headaches

I suffer from chronic tension headaches. It starts in my neck, shoulders then moves up to my head. From there is changes from a tension headache to a migraine. I get these every single day. At first I took anywhere from 6 -8 aspirins per day. I know way to many. But this was the only thing that gave me relief.

I later discovered Omega3 fish oils. This is a natural blood thinner and antiinfammatory. Basically the samething asprin does but it won't kill my liver. Omega3 did an amazing job of getting rid of the tension that crept up in my shoulders and neck and just made me miserable daily. I still got the headache but thank god the tension part was gone.

After taking Omega3 I was able to cut my aspirin intake down to 2-3 a day. Still to many but a long way from 6-8 doses in a 24 hour period.

I imagine you all say what has any of this to do with my diet. Well I started trying a new herbal remedy this week to see if it helped with my headache. Then I realized my headache was lessened to the point I could take just 1 aspirin. So I was like wow I think its working.

Then something happened today. I had a big headache so I was about to go take my dose of aspirin for the day but I stopped to get the mail first. Well it was my body flex tapes. So anxious to check it out before I ran to pick up my husband, I popped it in.. Tried it out for maybe 5 minutes then I left. And then it dawned on me.. my headache was going away! And now I know why just this past week my headaches have been better. I started Oxycise this week.

I started taking the herbal drug last week, no difference but I thought i'd take it long enough to build it up in my system in hopes that it works. But since I did Oxycise this, I noticed my headaches werent' nearly so bad.. but doing Body Flex today my headache completely went a way.

This is a huge huge deal for me. I'm just sitting here waiting for the next one so I can test this out, but if the deep breathing helps my headaches.. then, aside from weightloss..I just found a reason to stick with the program and this has me very excited!

I completely hate taking drugs. Deep breathing for 15 minutes to keep from getting a headache is a life saver. I just pray this is really whats helping me but I believe this is it..

No comments: