Friday, October 20, 2006

The Diet Obsession Wagon

I want off...
Seriously! Why is it everytime one is determine to diet that is what they live and breath for months and months? Every waking moment is of what I'm going to eat, don't cheat..am I loosing, is it working? I'm tired of it..

The sad truth is...you come to a point you fall off your obsession. So why do it to begin with? I can't believe it took me 20 years of my life to come to this point. I'm going to eat. I'm going to eat what I like regardless if I should or shouldn't have it. The key that is different for me this time is two things..

Do I need it? Example: Butter... Recipe called for 2 tbsp and the calories were 200 for the butter. The food I was making yeilds 5 servings. Thus that butter was adding 40 extra calories to what I was going to eat..

Portion controlling..

Hunger pangs.. instead of saying uh oh.. im hungry, I now drink 16oz of water and wait 20 minutes. If i'm still hungry after that I will eat. I'm finding that sometimes i'm not hungry at all.. my body is thirsty. I read part of a book that said that your body begs for water in the same way it does food but we often mistake hunger pangs as needing food, when in fact we needed water.

I use to think I couldn't eat every 3-4 hours but as long as I have something quick I can throw together really quick, i'm finding its not hard at all. In fact I was thinking to myself that wow, 1400 calories is really a nice amount of food. As long as I continue to eat every 3 to 4 hours, hungry or not.. i'm not binging.. body is getting plenty of food and i'm now controlling the calories that come into it.

Take yesterday.. it was late night and I wasn't hungry but I only had eaten 1035 calories for the day. So I ate anyway. Its important to keep the calorie count up. If you starve yourself on 1200 a day..the moment you hit goal..(if you last that long on 1200 caloies..) You'll find once you begin to raise your calorie intake, you probably will start gaining again.

I wanted to eat between 1500-1600 calories.. but I keep falling short of that goal...but I think its ok since I go to bed not hungry, which is the most important thing to me.

I guess you can say my new obsession is portion sizes now.. and how I was adding unnecessary calories to my foods that I didn't need.

You need to eat to loose weight.

Sounds a lot like you need to spend money to make it.

No comments: